In this blog post, you will learn how to decorate Ganesh Murti at home. You will need the following items: flowers, leaves, garlands, and a red cloth.
Checkout this video:
Why Decorate Ganesh Murti at Home?
Decorating Ganesh Murti at home is a popular way to celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi, the festival dedicated to Lord Ganesh. Many families decorate their own Ganesh Murti at home, and it is considered a highly auspicious way to welcome Lord Ganesh into the home. There are many reasons why decorating Ganesh Murti at home is such a popular tradition.
What You Need to Decorate Ganesh Murti at Home
To decorate Ganesh Murti at home, you’ll need a few supplies. Most importantly, you’ll need an image or statue of Lord Ganesha. You’ll also need some flowers, a bell, and a red cloth. You may also want to have a few candles and incense on hand to create a more traditional ambiance.
How to Decorate Ganesh Murti at Home – Step by Step Guide
Ganesh Chaturthi is one of the most popular Hindu festivals celebrated in India. The festival is observed in the month of August or September and marks the birthday of Lord Ganesha. It is a 10-day long festival which starts on the first day of Hindu luni-solar calendar month Bhadrapada. The main event of the festival is installing Ganesh idols privately in homes (Ganapati Atharvaneda), or publicly on temporary stages (mandaps). People also perform nightly Lalita Gopaala vratams and read aloud Ganesh Purana during this period.
Tips for Decorating Ganesh Murti at Home
There are many ways to decorate Ganesh Murti at home. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Choose a theme: When deciding how to decorate Ganesh Murti at home, it is important to first choose a theme. This will help you narrow down your options and make the process easier. Some popular themes include traditional, modern, and contemporary.
2. Consider the colors: Once you have chosen a theme, you can then start thinking about the colors you would like to use. Again, traditional themed Ganesh Murtis are usually decorated with red, orange, and yellow colors. Modern Ganesh Murtis tend to be decorated with white or pastel colors. Contemporary Ganesh Murtis can be any color you like!
3. Get creative with the decorations: There are endless possibilities when it comes to decorating Ganesh Murti at home. You can use flowers, garlands, lights, ribbon, or anything else you can think of! Be creative and have fun with it!
Ideas for Decorating Ganesh Murti at Home
There are many ways that you can decorate Ganesh Murti at home. You can use flowers, garlands, lights, and other decorations to make your Murti look beautiful. Here are some ideas for you to try:
1. garland the Murti with marigolds, jasmine, or any other fragrant flowers
2. drape a colorful cloth over the Murti
3. decorate the Murti with sparkly jewels and beads
4. hang lanterns or lighted candles around the Murti
5. place a bowl of fruit or sweets in front of the Murti as an offering
Things to Avoid While Decorating Ganesh Murti at Home
The festival of Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated with great joy and enthusiasm all over India. One of the most important aspects of this festival is the decoration of Ganesh murti.
However, there are certain things which should be avoided while decorating Ganesh murti at home. Some of these are:
– Avoid using synthetic or artificial materials for decoration. Stick to natural materials like flowers, leaves, etc.
– Avoid using plastic or foam for decoration. These materials are not eco-friendly and also not safe for children.
– Avoid using sharp objects like knives or scissors for decoration. This can be dangerous for children and adults alike.
– Avoid using flammable materials like candles or incense sticks for decoration. This can be a fire hazard.
– Avoid using toxic materials like paint or glue for decoration. These can be harmful to children if ingested.
What to Do After Decorating Ganesh Murti at Home
After you have placed the Ganesh Murti in your home, it is important to know what to do next. Many people are unsure of what to do after they have placed the Ganesh Murti in their home. Here are some things that you can do after you have placed the Ganesh Murti in your home:
-Chant mantra’s in front of the Ganesh Murti. This will help to purify the atmosphere in your home and bring peace and harmony.
-Offer prayers and flowers to the Ganesh Murti. This is a sign of respect and will please Lord Ganesh.
-Do not place any other deity in front of or above the Ganesh Murti. Lord Ganesh is the supreme deity and should be treated as such.
-Do not eat meat or eggs while the Ganesh Murti is in your home. These are considered impure foods and should not be consumed while the lord is present.
-When it is time to remove the Ganesh Murti from your home, do so with respect. Bow down to Lord Ganesh and thank him for his blessings before taking him out of your home.
FAQs about Decorating Ganesh Murti at Home
Q. What is the best time to decorate Ganesh Murti?
A. The best time to decorate Ganesh Murti is 10 days before Ganesh Chaturthi.
Q. What are the different types of decoration items used for Ganesh Murti?
A. The different types of decoration items used for Ganesh Murti include flowers, leaves, fruits, and garlands.
Q. How do I make the decorations stay longer on the Murti?
A. To make the decorations stay longer on the Murti, put a layer of vaseline or petroleum jelly on the areas where you will be applying the decorations. This will help to seal in the moisture and prevent the decorations from falling off.
It is said that one should not place the idol of Lord Ganesha in the house until and unless the decoration of the whole house is complete. The whole house should be clean and clutter free. The best day to bring home an idol of Lord Ganesha is on the fourth day of the waxing moon period, also known as “Chaturthi”.