Get inspired to decorate your home for the new year with these fresh ideas. From living room to kitchen, we’ve got you covered.
Checkout this video:
Pick a color scheme
The New Year is a great time to freshen up your home décor, and one of the best ways to do that is by choosing a new color scheme. There are endless possibilities when it comes to color, so it can be helpful to narrow down your options by considering what kinds of moods or feelings you want to evoke in your space. Once you have a general idea of the direction you want to go in, picking specific colors will be much easier.
If you’re not sure where to start, here are a few tips for choosing a color scheme for your home:
1. Decide on the overall mood you want to create. Do you want your space to feel tranquil and serene? Bright and cheery? Elegant and formal? Warm and inviting? This will be the foundation for your color scheme.
2. Consider the existing colors in your space. If you’re starting from scratch, you have more freedom when it comes to choosing colors, but if you’re working with an already- decorated space, there may be some existing colors that you need to take into account. For example, if your furniture is mostly neutral-colored, you may have more leeway when it comes to paint colors or accent pieces. On the other hand, if your space already has a lot of color going on, you may want to stick with a more subdued palette.
3. Look at some inspiration images. Once you have an idea of the overall feeling you want to create, start looking at some inspiration images—whether that’s in magazines, online, or in real life. Seeing how different colors are used in different ways can help give you some ideas for your own space.
4. Experiment with different color combinations. Once you have a general idea of the direction you want to go in, start playing around with different color combinations until you find something that feels right for your space. You can use a tool like Adobe Color CC or Design Seeds to help with this process.
Bring in fresh flowers
Bring in fresh flowers: Flowers are always a nice touch and can really brighten up a space. And what better way to ring in the new year than with some fresh blooms? You can either get a vase and fill it with your favorite flowers, or you can get a bouquet from your local florist. Either way, adding some fresh flowers to your home will definitely help to freshen things up for the new year.
Update your window treatments
Start the New Year off fresh by giving your home a fresh look. One way to do this is to update your window treatments. If you have draperies, consider swapping them out for blinds or shutters. Or, if you have blinds, try adding a valance or swag. You can also change the hardware on your curtains or blinds to give them a new look. If you have plantation shutters, consider painting them a different color or staining them a darker shade.
Put up new artwork
One of the easiest and most stylish ways to ring in the new year is to switch up your artwork. If you have any bare walls in your home, this is the perfect opportunity to add some new pieces that reflect your current taste. You can go for something abstract or geometric if you want to keep things modern, or opt for something more traditional if you’re going for a classic look. Either way, adding some new artwork is a great way to give your home a fresh start for the new year.
Swap out your throw pillows
If you’re looking for an easy way to change up your home’s look for the new year, why not start with your throw pillows? You can find pillows in every color and style imaginable, so it’s easy to find something that fits your personal taste. And, since they’re relatively inexpensive, you can changes them out as often as you want!
Declutter and organize
The holidays are over and it’s time to get your home back in order. The new year is the perfect opportunity to declutter and organize your living space. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Start with a clean slate. Give your home a deep cleaning to get rid of all the holiday clutter. This includes dusting, vacuuming, and scrubbing surfaces.
2. Donate items you no longer need or want. This will help you declutter and make room for new things in the new year.
3. Organize your belongings. Create a system that works for you so you can find things easily when you need them. This might include labeling storage containers, using drawer dividers, or installing shelving units.
4. Add some freshness to your home. Bring in some new plants or flowers, paint the walls, or rearrange the furniture. Small changes can make a big difference in how your home looks and feels.
5. Set some goals for the new year. What do you want to accomplish in the coming months? Write down your goals and put them somewhere you’ll see them often to help keep you on track.
Add some greenery
One of the simplest ways to add some New Year’s cheer to your home is to add some greenery. This can be anything from a few sprigs of evergreen in a vase to a full-blown potted plant. Houseplants not only look festive, but they also help purify the air and improve your mood. Choose plants that are low-maintenance and won’t require too much care during the busy holiday season.
Light some candles
This New Year, light some candles to watch the old year fade away and the new one start fresh. Scented candles are a great way to fill your home with a pleasant aroma and create a relaxing atmosphere. Pick a few favorite scents and try them out in different rooms throughout your house. You can also use candles to decorate your home and add a touch of elegance to any room. Place them on mantlepieces, windowsills, or side tables and enjoy their soft light all season long.
Cozy up your bedding
After you’ve chosen your bedroom’s color palette, it’s time to cozy up your bedding. To start, you’ll need a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and a comforter or duvet. If you don’t already have one, you may also want to add a bedskirt to give your bed a finished look.
Once you have your basic bedding in place, it’s time to add some personality with throw pillows and blankets. Throw pillows are an easy way to add color and pattern to your bed, and they can be swapped out seasonally or as your taste changes. Choose pillows in a variety of shapes and sizes for added interest, and don’t be afraid to mix different patterns.
Blankets are not only functional but also add visual interest and texture to your bed. Choose a few different weights and textures of blankets to use throughout the year. Lightweight cotton blankets are perfect for summer evenings, while heavier wool or down blankets are ideal for winter.
Make a plan
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you want to decorate your home for the new year. Whether you want to go all out with a complete makeover or just make some small changes, it’s important to have a plan.
Think about what you want to accomplish and what areas of your home you want to focus on. Then, start brainstorming ideas and narrowing down your options. Once you have a general idea of what you want to do, it’s time to start shopping for items and putting everything together.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
-Choose a theme or style that you love and that reflects your personality. This will make the decorating process more enjoyable and ensure that you’re happy with the results.
-Think about what colors you want to use and how you want them to work together. Consider both the paint colors for your walls and the fabrics and accessories that you’ll be using.
-Don’t forget about the little details!Things like sconces, picture frames, and knick-knacks can make a big impact in any room.
-If you’re not sure where to start, take a look at home magazines and websites for inspiration. You can also visit model homes or showrooms to get some ideas.