Wondering how to decorate your home screen now that iOS 14 is here? Check out our guide on how to make your home screen look amazing with the new update.
Checkout this video:
How to change your wallpaper
With iOS 14, you can now change your wallpaper directly from your home screen. To do this, simply long-press on an empty area of your home screen. This will bring up the “Change Wallpaper” option. From here, you can choose to select a new wallpaper from your photo library, or you can choose from a variety of built-in wallpapers.
How to add widgets to your home screen
iOS 14 has brought a number of new features to the iPhone, one of the most notable being the ability to add widgets to your home screen. Widgets can be a great way to add some useful information or just a bit of decoration to your home screen, and they’re easy to set up. Here’s how:
1. Tap and hold on an empty spot on your home screen.
2. Tap the + button in the top left corner.
3. Scroll down and tap on Widgets.
4. Find the widget you want to add and tap on it.
5. Tap Add Widget.
6. Use the handles to resize the widget if necessary, then tap Done in the top right corner when you’re finished
How to rearrange your apps
iOS 14 makes it possible to rearrange your apps directly on your home screen. To do this, simply hold down on an app until all of the apps start wiggling. Then, you can drag the app to wherever you want it on your screen. This is a great way to customize your home screen and make it more efficient for you.
How to use the new App Library
The new App Library is one of the most significant changes that iOS 14 brings to the iPhone. It completely changes how you organize and access your apps, and it’s something that you’ll want to take advantage of if you want to declutter your home screen.
Here’s how to use the new App Library:
First, open up the App Library by swiping to the right on your home screen. You should see it appear as a list of app icons organized by category.
To add an app to your home screen from the App Library, simply find the app that you want to add and tap and hold on it. Then, drag it onto your home screen. You can also long-press on an app icon in the App Library and select “Add to Home Screen” from the pop-up menu.
If you want to remove an app from your home screen, simply tap and hold on it and then drag it into the App Library. Alternatively, you can long-press on an app icon and select “Remove from Home Screen” from the pop-up menu.
How to hide unwanted apps
If you’re anything like us, you probably have a lot of apps on your iPhone that you never use. But unlike previous versions of iOS, which allowed you to hide apps in a single folder on your home screen, iOS 14 lets you completely remove them from your home screen without deleting them from your phone.
To do this, simply hold down on an app icon until all of the icons start wiggling. Then, tap the minus sign in the corner of the icon you want to hide. The app will disappear from your home screen, but will still be accessible via the App Library or by searching for it.
How to use Smart Stacks
Smart Stacks are a new feature in iOS 14 that allow you to group your widgets together and have them rotate based on context. For example, you could have a stack of widgets that shows your Calendar when you’re at work, your To Do list when you’re at home, and your fitness tracking app when you’re working out.
To use Smart Stacks:
1. Long press on an empty area of your home screen to enter edit mode.
2. Tap the + button in the top left corner to add a widget.
3. Tap and hold on a widget, then drag it on top of another widget to create a stack.
4. Tap the stack to expand it and see all the widgets inside.
5. Tap and hold on a widget inside the stack to move it to a different position in the stack, or remove it from the stack entirely.
How to use Picture in Picture mode
One of the best new features in iOS 14 is picture in picture mode. This allows you to watch a video in a small window while you continue to use your phone. Here’s how to set it up.
1. Select the video you want to watch.
2. Tap on the icon in the bottom left corner that looks like two rectangles.
3. The video will start playing in a small window that you can move around your screen.
4. To exit picture in picture mode, tap on the icon again or swipe the video window off the screen.
How to use Siri Shortcuts
If you’re using iOS 14 or later, you can use Siri Shortcuts to turn your app icons into custom shortcuts. With Siri Shortcuts, you can add custom actions to your home screen that let you do things quickly and easily. For example, you could add a shortcut that lets you message your friends or family members easily, or one that takes you directly to your favorite website.
To use Siri Shortcuts, first make sure that the feature is turned on in your device’s Settings app. Once Siri Shortcuts is enabled, you can start adding shortcuts to your home screen. To do this, simply tap and hold on an app icon until the menu appears. From there, select “Add to Siri” from the menu options.
Once you’ve added a shortcut to Siri, you can activate it by long-pressing on the home screen icon or by using the voice command associated with the shortcut. For example, if you’ve added a shortcut to message your family members easily, you could say “Hey Siri, message my family” to start a conversation.
How to use Memoji Stickers
With iOS 14, you can now use Memoji stickers on your home screen. This feature allows you to add a custom facial expression to your Memoji that will be seen by anyone who views your home screen. Here’s how to use this fun new feature:
1. Open the Settings app and select “Memoji.”
2. Select the Memoji that you want to use.
3. Tap the “Edit” button in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Scroll down and tap on “Home Screen.”
5. Enable the “Use as Sticker” toggle switch.
6. Tap on “Done” when you’re finished.
Your selected Memoji will now be available as a sticker that you can use on your home screen. To use the sticker, simply tap and hold on an empty space on your home screen, then tap on the “Stickers” icon (it looks like a speech bubble). You’ll see your Memoji sticker there – just tap on it and drag it onto your home screen!
How to use Apple’s new privacy features
Apple included several new privacy features in iOS 14, which make it easier to keep your iPhone usage private. One of these features is the ability to change your home screen so that it doesn’t show your location, contacts, or recent app usage. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap “Privacy.”
3. Select “Location Services.”
4. Scroll down and select “System Services.”
5. Turn off the “Share My Location” feature.
6. Return to the main Privacy page and select “Contacts.”
7. Turn off the “Contacts” setting.
8. Return to the main Privacy page and select “Calendars.”
9. Turn off the “Calendars” setting.
10. Return to the main Privacy page and select “Photos.”
11. Turn off the “Photos” setting.
12. Return to the main Privacy page and tap “Advertising.”
13. Turn on the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting.’s new privacy features”);