Learn how to make your own decorative paper bags at home with this step by step guide. You’ll be able to personalize them for any occasion!
Checkout this video:
Paper bags are a great way to dress up any gift, and they can be made at home with just a few supplies. You’ll need some decorative paper, a scissors, and a glue stick. With a little bit of creativity, you can make paper bags that are unique and stylish.
Here’s a quick overview of how to make decorative paper bags at home:
1. Cut your paper to the desired size. You’ll need two pieces of paper for each bag.
2. fold one piece of paper in half lengthwise, and then fold it in half again. This will be the bottom of your bag.
3. take the other piece of paper and fold it in half widthwise. This will be the side of your bag.
4. glue the side panel to the bottom panel, lining up the edges.
5. decorate your bag as desired!
What You’ll Need
To make decorative paper bags at home, you will need the following items:
-A4 size paper
-Duplex paper or cardstock
-Scissors or a cutting knife
-Double sided tape or glue
-Chocolate, sweets or other small treats (optional)
1.Start by folding your paper in half horizontally. If you are using A4 size paper, then fold the long side over so that the short sides meet in the middle. If you are using larger paper, then fold the paper in half so that one half is approximately twice the size of the other. Fold your duplex paper or cardstock in half vertically so that the long sides meet in the middle.
2. Use a ruler and pencil to mark out a 1cm border around all four sides of both pieces of folded paper. Cut along these lines with scissors or a cutting knife to create two rectangles with 1cm borders.
3. Take one rectangle and make small cuts along the 1cm border at regular intervals (approximately 1cm apart). Do not cut all the way to the edge of the rectangle – leave a small margin so that the cuts do not go all the way through.
4. Place double sided tape or glue along one long edge of this rectangle and attach it to the corresponding long edge of the other rectangle so that they are joined together at this point, forming a bag shape. If you are using thin paper, you may wish to reinforce the join by attaching another strip of tape or glue along both edges where they meet.
5. Once your bag is assembled, you can decorate it as desired using pens, markers, paint, glitter or anything else you can think of! If you are giving your bags away as gifts, you can fill them with chocolate, sweets or other small treats before decorating them.
Step One: Choose Your Paper
There are all sorts of paper you can use to make your own decorative paper bags. Thick cardstock or construction paper will work fine, but you could also use recycled gift wrap, old wallpaper, or even pretty fabric. Choose whatever you like the look of and that will fit your needs. If you plan on using the bags for gifts, make sure to pick a size that will fit the items you want to put inside.
Step Two: Cut Out Your Pieces
Cut two pieces for the body of each bag. These should be identical in size and shape. You will also need two handles, which can be strips of paper or ribbon glued or taped onto the back of each bag piece. If you are using ribbon, make sure it is long enough to comfortably go over your shoulder.
Step Three: Decorate Your Bags
Now is the fun part! Get creative and decorate your bags however you like. You can paint them, add glitter, stickers, stamps, or anything else you can think of. If you are using fabric, you may want to sew on some embellishments like buttons or beads.
Step Four: Assemble Your Bags
To put your bags together, simply glue or tape the handles onto the back of one bag piece. Then place the other piece on top and glue or tape along the sides and bottom edge. Allow your glue or tape to dry completely before using your bags.
Step Two: Cut and Fold Your Paper
Now that you have gathered all of your supplies, it is time to cut and fold your paper. Cut your paper to the desired size and then fold it in half lengthwise. Once it is folded in half, crease the paper along the fold. Unfold the paper and then refold it so that the crease forms a well-defined line down the center of the paper. Once you have done this, your paper should be divided into equal halves.
Next, take one half of the paper and fold it in half widthwise. Once again, crease the paper along the fold and then unfold it. You should now have a long rectangle that is divided into four equal sections. Take one of these sections and fold it in half so that you have a smaller rectangle. Once you have done this, repeat the process with the other three sections of paper.
You should now have four small rectangles that are each folded in half. These rectangles will form the sides of your decorative paper bags.
Step Three: Add Decorations
Now that your bags are all Folded and glued, it is time to add some decorations! You can use anything you have around the house to make your bags unique, such as:
Get creative and have fun!
Step Four: Fill Your Bag
Now it’s time to fill your pretty paper bag with treats! If you’re using your bag for jewelry, you can fill it with cotton balls or shredded tissue paper to keep your pieces from moving around. If you’re giving a friend a small gift, add some ribbon or washi tape to the top of the bag for extra decoration, then fold down the top of the bag and secure it with clear tape. For a larger paper bag, try filling it with smaller bags filled with goodies, like candy or bathroom samples. You could even use your decorative paper bags as party favors!
Step Five: Close Your Bag
The last step is to close your decorative paper bag. You can use string, ribbon, or tape to secure the bag shut. Once your bag is closed, you can add a final touch by decorating the outside with embellishments such as buttons, stickers, or stamps.
Tips and Tricks
Paper bags are not only functional but also make great, inexpensive crafts. You can make paper bags at home with just a few supplies, and there are many ways to decorate them to suit your needs. Here are some tips and tricks to get you started.
-Gather your supplies. You will need some plain paper bags (lunch size works well), a selection of decorative papers, scissors, glue, and any other embellishments you want to use (ribbon, sequins, etc.).
-Cut the decorative paper into strips or shapes. Use whatever size and shape you like; just be sure that the pieces will fit onto the front of the paper bag.
– Glue the pieces of decorative paper onto the bag. You can create any design you like; try stripes, polka dots, or a simple pattern.
– Let the glue dry completely, then add any other embellishments you like. Ribbon makes a nice handle, and sequins or glitter can add sparkle.
– Fill your paper bag with treats or small gifts and enjoy!
Now that you know the basics of how to make decorative paper bags, get creative and have fun with it! Experiment with different papers, colors, and embellishments to create unique bags that fit your personal style.
If you want to learn more about how to make decorative paper bags, there are plenty of resources available online and in stores. Check out your local craft store or search the internet for “decorative paper bags” to find instructions and tutorials. With a little practice, you’ll be able to make beautiful paper bags that are perfect for any occasion!