- Supplies needed for easy Halloween decorations
- How to make a Halloween wreath
- How to make a Halloween garland
- How to make Halloween luminaries
- How to make a Halloween door hanger
- How to make a Halloween mantel display
- How to make a Halloween table centerpiece
- How to make Halloween window decorations
- How to make a Halloween wreath for your front door
- How to make a Halloween porch sign
It’s almost Halloween, which means it’s time to start thinking about spooky decorations! If you’re looking for some easy and affordable ways to decorate your home for Halloween, check out this blog post.
Checkout this video:
Supplies needed for easy Halloween decorations
Supplies needed for easy Halloween decorations:
-Black construction paper
-Markers or crayons (optional)
How to make a Halloween wreath
A Halloween wreath is a great way to decorate your home for the spooky holiday. Making your own wreath is easy and inexpensive, and you can customize it to match your Halloween decorating theme. You’ll need a few supplies to get started, but you probably have most of them around the house.
What You’ll Need:
-1 foam wreath form
-1 package of black tulle
-1 bottle of black glitter glue
-1 roll of black duct tape
-Assorted Halloween decorations, such as plastic spiders, bats, or pumpkins
-Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Wrap the wreath form with black tulle, using hot glue to secure the end of the tulle. Wrap tightly so that the foam is completely covered.
2. Decorate the wreath with glitter glue, duct tape, and other Halloween decorations. Be creative! You can use whatever you have on hand to create a unique wreath.
3. Hang the wreath on your front door or in another prominent location in your home to show off your handiwork.
How to make a Halloween garland
Halloween garlands are a fun and easy way to decorate your home for the holiday. All you need is some black construction paper, scissors, tape, and string.
First, cut out Halloween-themed shapes from the black construction paper. Make as many or as few as you like – it’s up to you! Ghosts, bats, witches, pumpkins, and cats are all great choices.
Next, string the shapes along a length of string or twine. You can tape them in place if you like, or just let them sit loosely on the string.
Hang your garland up around your home, on a mantelpiece or shelf, or even outside on your front porch!
How to make Halloween luminaries
Halloween is a great time to get creative with your decorating. One simple and easy way to add some festive flair to your home is to make Halloween luminaries. Luminaries are candles placed in bags that can be hung or placed around the house. They are super easy to make and only require a few materials that you probably already have around the house.
What you’ll need:
-Paper lunch bags
-Markers or crayons
-Tea light candles or battery operated tea lights
1. Cut a piece of construction paper into a triangle shape. This will be the pointed hat for your ghost luminary. Tape the construction paper triangle onto the top of the lunch bag.
2. Use markers or crayons to draw a face on your ghost luminary. You can also add stickers for eyes, nose, and mouth.
3. Place a tea light candle or battery operated tea light inside the luminary bag.
4. Hang your luminaries around the house or place them on tables for a fun and festive decoration!
How to make a Halloween door hanger
A Halloween door hanger is an easy way to add some spooky decoration to your home. You can make a door hanger with just a few supplies, and you can customize it to match your Halloween décor.
What You’ll Need:
-Pen or marker
-Hole punch (optional)
1. Cut a piece of construction paper into a rectangle. The size will depend on how big you want your door hanger to be.
2. Fold the rectangle in half, Then, cut out a half-circle shape from the folded edge. This will be the top of your door hanger.
3. On one side of the door hanger, draw a Halloween scene or write a spooky message. Be creative!
4. On the other side, hole punch two holes near the top of the door hanger. These will be used to hang the door hanger on your door knob.
5. Hang your door hanger on your front door or any other door in your home!
How to make a Halloween mantel display
If you want to add some holiday cheer to your home without spending a lot of money, making your own Halloween decorations is a great option. With a little creativity and some basic craft supplies, you can easily transform your home into a spooky haunted house or a fun and festive party space.
One easy way to decorate for Halloween is to create a mantel display. To make your own, start by gather some Halloween-themed decorations like plastic spiders, fake spider webs, orange and black candles, and small pumpkins or gourds. You can also use related items like autumn leaves, sticks, and dark-colored fabric to create a spooky scene.
Once you’ve gathered your supplies, arrange them on your mantel in a way that looks pleasing to you. You may want to create a symmetrical arrangement with candles on either side of a central decoration, or go for a more asymmetrical look with different elements clustered together. Use your imagination and have fun with it!
How to make a Halloween table centerpiece
Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party or just want to decorate your home for the holiday, making a Halloween table centerpiece is a fun and easy way to add some spooky flair. All you need are a few supplies from the crafts store, some common household items, and a little bit of creativity.
To make a basic Halloween table centerpiece, start by gathering some supplies. You’ll need black construction paper, orange construction paper, scissors, glue, and a pen or marker. Once you have your supplies, cut the black construction paper into strips. These will be used to create the ” spider web” effect around the outside of the centerpiece.
Next, use the orange construction paper to cut out Halloween-themed shapes like ghosts, bats, or pumpkins. Once you have all of your pieces cut out, it’s time to assemble your centerpiece.
Begin by glueing the black strips of paper around the outside edge of a circular object like a plate or bowl. Make sure that the strips are evenly spaced and that there are no gaps in between them. Then, start glueing your orange shapes onto the black paper. Arrange them however you like and be sure to leave some space in between each one so that they don’t blend together too much.
Once your shapes are in place, your Halloween table centerpiece is complete! You can display it on its own or add additional decorations like candles or fake spiders for an even spookier look.
How to make Halloween window decorations
Halloween is coming up, and that means it’s time to start thinking about decorations! If you’re looking for some easy and fun Halloween window decorations, we’ve got you covered. Check out our step-by-step guide below.
What you’ll need:
-Construction paper or poster board in black, orange, and green
-Markers or crayons (optional)
1. Cut out different shapes from the black construction paper or poster board. These can be bats, ghosts, witches, cats, spiders, or any other shape you can think of!
2.Cut out orange and green paper to create pumpkins and leaves.
3. Tape the shapes to your window in any design you like. If you want, you can also draw faces on the shapes with markers or crayons.
4. Enjoy your spooky Halloween window decorations!
How to make a Halloween wreath for your front door
Halloween is just around the corner, and if you’re looking for some easy DIY Halloween decorations to liven up your home, look no further than this Halloween wreath tutorial. This wreath is perfect for hanging on your front door to greet guests, or even inside your home as part of your Halloween decor. All you need is some basic craft supplies and a little bit of time, and you’ll have a festive wreath to enjoy all season long.
To make your own DIY Halloween wreath, you’ll need:
-1 styrofoam wreath form
-1 roll of black crepe paper
-1 roll of orange crepe paper
-1 spool of black ribbon
-Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Start by wrapping your styrofoam wreath form in black crepe paper. Cut strips of crepe paper and use hot glue to attach them to the wreath form, overlapping the strips as you go. Once the entire wreath form is covered in black crepe paper, do the same with the orange crepe paper. Again, overlap the strips of orange crepe paper as you attach them to the wreath form.
Once both colors of crepe paper are attached, use scissors to cut small triangles out of the orange crepe paper. These will be the “pumpkins” on your wreath. Hot glue these pumpkin triangles onto the black portion of the wreath.
Finally, cut a length of black ribbon and tie it into a loop. Hot glue this loop onto the back of the wreath, and you’re all done! Hang your DIY Halloween wreath on your front door or wherever else you’d like to show it off.
How to make a Halloween porch sign
A Halloween porch sign is a great way to show your holiday spirit! You can make one easily at home with just a few supplies. Here’s what you’ll need:
-Plywood or foam board
-Large black letters
-Ruler or tape measure
First, decide what your sign will say. A simple “Happy Halloween” or “Trick or Treat” is perfect. Then, use your ruler or tape measure to mark out the words on your plywood or foam board. Once you have the words stenciled out, paint them orange. Let the paint dry completely before moving on to the next step.
Now it’s time to add the black lettering. This can be done with smaller pieces of black paper, stickers, or even duct tape. Just be sure that the letters are big enough to be seen from a distance. Once your sign is complete, hang it on your front porch and enjoy!