Home decor trends are always changing, but some things never go out of style. Here are the must-have home decor items for 2020 that will make your home look chic and stylish.
Checkout this video:
2020 Home Decor Trends
If you’re looking to update your home decor, you might be wondering what the 2020 home decor trends are. Every year, there are new trends that take over the interior design world. Some of these trends are die-hard classics that have timeless appeal, while others are more of a passing fad. If you’re trying to decide which 2020 home decor trend is right for you, read on for a list of some of the most popular trends.
One of the biggest 2020 home decor trends is wallpaper. Wallpaper is making a big comeback in a big way. There are so many fun and unique patterns to choose from, and it’s a great way to add color and personality to your space. If you’re not sure about committing to wallpaper, try using it in small doses, like on an accent wall or in a powder room.
Another big 2020 home decor trend is incorporating natural elements into your space. This can mean anything from using driftwood as a coffee table centerpiece to adding plants into every room. Incorporating natural elements into your decor is a great way to make your space feel more calming and inviting.
Metallics are also huge in 2020. Everything from gold vases to silver lamps is fair game when it comes to incorporating metallics into your decor. If you’re not ready to go all out with metallics, start small by adding some metallic accents here and there. You can also try using metals as an accent color instead of using them as part of an all-over color scheme.
If you’re looking for a more timeless trend, neutral colors are always in style. Neutrals like white, black, and gray can be used in any space and they’ll always look chic. You can jazz up neutral colors with bold accents or patterns if you want to add some pizzazz to your space.
One final 2020 home decor trend that’s worth mentioning is eclectic style. Eclectic style is all about mixing and matching different elements to create a unique look. This trend is perfect for people who have their own sense of style and aren’t afraid to experiment with different looks. If you want to try out the eclectic trend, start by picking a few favorite pieces and then build around them until you have the perfect eclectic space!
How to Incorporate 2020 Home Decor Trends
With a new year comes new home decor trends. If you’re looking to update your home this year, here are some of the must-have trends for 2020.
Neutrals are still in, but jewel tones are making a comeback. Think rich greens, royal blues, and deep purples. These colors can be incorporated into your decor in small doses, like with accent pillows or a piece of art.
Texture is also important this year. Think velvet fabrics, cords, and tassels. Incorporating texture into your decor adds interest and can make a space feel more cozy.
Natural materials are also on trend for 2020. Wood, stone, and rattan are all great choices. Incorporating natural materials into your home decor can help create a calming oasis away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Finally, global influences are also big this year. From Morocco to Mexico, there are many different cultures to choose from when it comes to incorporating global influences into your home decor. Whichever style you choose, make sure it reflects your personal taste and style.
10 Must-Have Home Decor Items for 2020
The new year is approaching, which means it’s time to start thinking about your home decor for 2020. If you’re looking to update your space with some new pieces, here are 10 must-have home decor items for 2020:
1. A statement couch: A big, comfy couch is always a must-have in any home. This year, go for a couch with a bold print or color that will really stand out in your space.
2. A chic coffee table: Your coffee table is one of the first things people see when they walk into your living room, so make sure it makes a good impression. Opt for a sleek and chic coffee table that fits with the rest of your decor.
3. A cozy rug: Rugs are great for adding comfort and style to any room. In 2020, go for a rug that has a cozy and inviting feel, like a sheepskin or wool rug.
4. Wall art: Wall art is a great way to add some personality to your space. If you’re stuck on what to buy, try looking for prints or paintings that incorporate the 2020 color trends.
5. A stylish lamp: Lamps are not only functional but they can also be pretty decorative pieces in your home. This year, look for lamps with unique bases or shades that will add some style to your space.
6. A comfortable chair: Whether you’re looking for an extra seat in your living room or a place to curl up with a good book, a comfortable chair is always a welcome addition to any home. This year, look for chairs with interesting shapes or textures that will add some visual interest to your space.
7 . Throw pillows: Throw pillows are an easy way to change up the look of your space without spending too much money. They’re also great for adding comfort and style to any room. In 2020, look for throw pillows in bold colors or prints that will really stand out.
8 . A statement mirror: Mirrors are not onlyfunctional but they can also be used as decorative pieces in your home . this year , choose amirror with an interesting frame or shape that will really stand out on wall .
9 . Candles : Candles are always a popular choicefor home decor , and there are endless ways to incorporate them intoyour space . In 2020 , choose candles in fun scents or unique containersthat will add some personality to your room .
10 . Greenery : Plants are not only aesthetically pleasingbut they can also help purify the air in your home . In 2020 , chooseplants that are easy to care for and require minimal maintenance .
Home Decor Ideas for 2020
If you’re looking for some home decor inspiration for 2020, here are a few ideas to get you started.
1. Bring the outdoors in with big, bold plants.
2. Incorporate natural materials like wood, stone and rattan.
3. Add a pop of color with statement pieces like colorful sofas or rugs.
4. Create a cozy and inviting space with cozy blankets and pillows.
5. Make your home more sustainable with eco-friendly decor choices.
2020 Home Decor Trends to Avoid
As we move into 2020, there are a few home decor trends that we think you should avoid. These trends can be costly, difficult to maintain, or just plain dated. Here are a few of the biggest trends to avoid in home decor for 2020:
1. All-white everything – While all-white rooms may look clean and elegant, they can be difficult to keep looking good. White walls and floors can show dirt and stains easily, so if you’re not ready to commit to a lot of extra cleaning, you should avoid this trend.
2. Minimalism – The minimalist trend has been popular for a few years now, but we think it’s time to move on. A completely empty room can look cold and unwelcoming, so try adding some cozy elements like blankets and pillows to make your space more inviting.
3. Exposed brick – Exposed brick can give your home a cool industrial look, but it can also be difficult to maintain. Brick is porous and can absorb stains easily, so if you’re not ready to commit to regular cleaning and sealing, you should avoid this trend.
4. Rose gold everything – Rose gold is a pretty finish, but it can quickly start to look dated if you overdo it. Use rose gold accents sparingly to avoid your home looking like it’s stuck in the past.
5. Midcentury modern – Midcentury modern is a popular style, but it can be difficult to achieve the perfect balance of retro and modern. If you’re not careful, your home could end up looking like a time capsule from the 1950s instead of a chic and contemporary space.
Home Decor Trends 2020
There are many popular home decor trends for 2020, but which ones are worth your money? Here are a few of the must-have home decor trends for 2020, so you can make sure your home is up-to-date and stylish.
Neutrals are still in style for 2020, so if you’re looking for a timeless look, go for neutral colors like black, white, or grey. If you want to add a pop of color, consider using accents in shades of blue or green. Metallics are also a big trend for 2020. You can use them to add a touch of glamour to your home decor.
Texture is another important trend for 2020. Homeowners are looking for ways to add depth and interest to their spaces. Adding texture with fabrics, rugs, and wallpapers is an easy way to do this. If you’re not sure how to add texture to your space, consider hiring an interior designer. They can help you create a stylish and inviting space that reflects your personal style.
What’s In and Out for 2020 Home Decor?
If you’re anything like us, you love flipping through magazines and poring over Pinterest boards to get inspiration for your home. And while we’re all for a good DIY project, sometimes it’s nice to just buy something new to freshen things up. But with trends changing so quickly, it can be hard to keep up with what’s “in” and what’s “out.” So what should you be on the lookout for this year when it comes to home decor?
Here are a few predictions from our experts:
– Plants: Houseplants are having a moment, and they’re not going anywhere in 2020. Not only do they add a pop of color and life to any room, but they also have health benefits like purifying the air and reducing stress.
– Bold Colors: While neutrals are always in style, don’t be afraid to experiment with bolder hues in 2020. Think jewel tones like emerald green and ruby red.
– Natural Materials: Sustainable and eco-friendly materials are big right now, so look for items made from bamboo, rattan, stone, and even recycled glass.
– Multi-Functional Furniture: With more people working from home these days, it’s important to have furniture that can do double duty. Look for coffee tables with storage baskets underneath or ottomans that open up for extra seating.
– Matching Furniture Sets: Who says all your furniture has to match? In 2020, it’s all about mixing and matching different styles and textures for a more eclectic look.
– Minimalism: More is more in 2020 when it comes to home decor. Think maximalism instead of minimalism for a bolder look.
– Generic Artwork: Generic store-bought artwork is out! In 2020, try hanging some vintage finds or originals from local artists instead.
9 Home Decor Trends We’re Excited About for 2020
9 Home Decor Trends We’re Excited About for 2020
From spatial arrangements inspired by the movement of energy, to natural materials that bring the outdoors in, there’s a lot to be excited about when it comes to home decor in 2020. Here are 9 trends we think will be big this year.
1. Bold and Bright Colors
Gone are the days of subdued and neutral tones. In 2020, it’s all about being bold with color.Whether it’s a bright paint job or some colorful furniture pieces, don’t be afraid to experiment and have fun with your space.
2. Natural Materials
With an increased focus on sustainability, many homeowners are opting for decor made from natural materials that can be reused or recycled. From bamboo floors to wool rugs, there are endless possibilities when it comes to eco-friendly home decor.
3. Mixed Metals
Mixing different metals is a great way to add some visual interest to your space. Whether it’s copper light fixtures or silver picture frames, don’t be afraid to mix and match different metals throughout your home.
4. Retro Styles
Retro styles are making a big comeback in 2020. From mid-century modern furniture to vintage-inspired art, there are endless ways to incorporate retro style into your home.
5. Geometric Patterns
Geometric patterns are a great way to add some visual interest to any space. From wallpaper to floor tiles, there are endless ways to incorporate geometric patterns into your home decor.
6. Global Influences
With an increasing number of people traveling the world, global influences are starting to show up in home decorating trends as well. From Moroccan-inspired rugs to Asian-inspired furniture, there are endless ways to bring a bit of global flair into your home without breaking the bank. 07 Travel-Inspired Decor With more people than ever working remotely, travel-inspired decor is gaining popularity as a way to bring a bit of adventure into everyday life without leaving home. If you can’t take that dream vacation just yet, try incorporating some travel-inspired elements into your decorating scheme instead! 08 Open Floor Plans One of the hottest trends in home design right now is open floor plans . This trend is especially popular among families who want more together time and people who entertain often . If you’re considering an open floor plan for your home ,2020 is the year 09statement making Art With so much emphasis on minimalism ,it s refreshing 10 see a return statement -making art . Whether it s an oversized painting or sculpture , artwork is a great way add personality any space
Get Ahead of the Curve: 9 Home Decor Trends for 2020
If you’re looking to update your home’s decor, you may be wondering what the top trends for 2020 are. Luckily, we’ve gathered a list of some of the most popular home decor trends so you can get ahead of the curve!
1. Floral Walls
2. Bold Colors
3. Contemporary Lighting
4. Natural Materials
5. Global Influences
6. 8. Layered Rugs and Carpets
7. 9. Mixing and Matching Styles
What’s Trending in Home Decor for 2020?
If you’re looking for a way to update your home décor, you may be wondering what’s trending in home decor for 2020. While some trends come and go quickly, others have staying power. Here are some of the most popular home decor trends for 2020:
– statement walls:Whether it’s an accent wall or an entire room, painting or wallpapering a statement wall is a great way to add personality to your home.
– mixed metals:Using multiple metals in your decor can give your home an updated and trendy look.
– global influences:Decor with global influences is increasingly popular, as people become more interested in travel and different cultures.
– natural materials:Materials like wood, stone, and bamboo are becoming more popular as people seek out eco-friendly and sustainable products.
– black hardware:Black hardware is a simple way to add a modern touch to your home décor.